PROGRAM DIRECTOR: Dr. Gale Struthers
PURPOSE: To provide the student with extensive knowledge and understanding of the Bible and its application to the world in which
we live. This degree may be used to prepare students for positions in church and/or para-church agencies, as preparation for
seminary or graduate education in biblical studies, theology and related disciplines, or for entrance into the workplace where a B.A.
degree is appropriate.
OBJECTIVES: The student will demonstrate fulfillment of the five Oak Hills Christian College objectives.
1. UNDERSTANDING THE BIBLE: Students will gain a knowledge of the Bible and the ability to interpret it adequately for the application of its truth to themselves and their culture.
2. UNDERSTANDING OUR WORLD: Students will gain a knowledge of human thought, history, and culture adequate to understand and critique worldviews, to communicate effectively with others, and to interact meaningfully within their own culture.
3. MINISTERING TO OTHERS: Students will develop a servant theology of life and ministry skills appropriate for serving God in the home, the community, the church, and the world.
4. INTEGRATING FAITH AND LEARNING: Students will integrate their understanding of Christianity and the world to develop a biblical worldview as the foundation for a lifetime of continued learning and growth in all areas of life.
5. GROWING IN FAITH AND WORSHIP: Students will grow in their trust in, love for, and worship of God, seeking to live a life pleasing to Him