PROGRAM DIRECTOR: Derrick Houle
PURPOSE: To prepare the student for immediate human services employment or graduate work in counseling. The program
consists of a major in Biblical Studies, core courses in psychology, and the opportunity to pursue an area of interest within the field
of psychology through the choice of a senior project.
OBJECTIVES: The student will demonstrate fulfillment of the five Oak Hills Christian College objectives.
1. UNDERSTANDING THE BIBLE: Students will gain a knowledge of the Bible and the ability to interpret it adequately for the application of its truth to themselves and their culture.
2. UNDERSTANDING OUR WORLD: Students will gain a knowledge of human thought, history, and culture adequate to understand and critique worldviews, to communicate effectively with others, and to interact meaningfully within their own culture.
3. MINISTERING TO OTHERS: Students will develop a servant theology of life and ministry skills appropriate for serving God in the home, the community, the church, and the world.
4. INTEGRATING FAITH AND LEARNING: Students will integrate their understanding of Christianity and the world to develop a biblical worldview as the foundation for a lifetime of continued learning and growth in all areas of life.
5. GROWING IN FAITH AND WORSHIP: Students will grow in their trust in, love for, and worship of God, seeking to live a life pleasing to Him
In addition, the student will:
1. Understand the body of knowledge pertinent to the field of psychology.
2. Demonstrate the skills necessary to work in the helping profession field.