The mission of Adult & Professional Studies is to prepare Christian leaders for service in a wide variety of careers, church and para-church ministries.
Enrollment is always OPEN with
STEP UP to your FUTURE
BACHELOR IN LEADERSHIP AND MINISTRY
PROGRAM DIRECTOR: Dr. Sue Glidden
PURPOSE: To provide the student with the foundational preparation for leadership in careers and ministry. In recognizing the uniqueness of individual God-given gifts, this program allows considerable flexibility in preparing for leadership and ministry. The vocational directions of students include a wide range of careers, church and para-church ministries.
OBJECTIVES: The student will demonstrate fulfillment of the five Oak Hills Christian College objectives, the student will:
1. UNDERSTANDING THE BIBLE: Students will gain a knowledge of the Bible and the ability to interpret it adequately for the application of its truth to themselves and their culture.
2. UNDERSTANDING OUR WORLD: Students will gain a knowledge of human thought, history, and culture adequate to understand and critique worldviews, to communicate effectively with others, and to interact meaningfully within their own culture.
3. MINISTERING TO OTHERS: Students will develop a servant theology of life and ministry skills appropriate for serving God in the home, the community, the church, and the world.
4. INTEGRATING FAITH AND LEARNING: Students will integrate their understanding of Christianity and the world to develop a biblical worldview as the foundation for a lifetime of continued learning and growth in all areas of life.
5. GROWING IN FAITH AND WORSHIP: Students will grow in their trust in, love for, and worship of God, seeking to live a life pleasing to Him
In addition, the student will:
1. Understand the critical issues and dynamics involved in contemporary leadership and ministry.
2. Demonstrate competencies appropriate to leadership and ministry as a Christian in today’s world: leadership principles and practic, teaching/learning, ethic, management, and interpersonal/relational communication.
All courses are 3 credits.
|BIBLICAL STUDIES (30 CREDITS)||LEADERSHIP AND MINISTRY (24 CREDITS)|
|BSA 1702 Interpretation of Biblical Literature||CM 1002 Christian Life|
|TH 2705 Christian Faith||LM 3701 Biblical Concepts of Leadership|
|BOT 2701 Genesis||LM 3711 Learning and Teaching|
|BOT ___ OT Historical OR Prophetic Book||LM 3721 Interpersonal Communication|
|TH 2722 Contemporary Issues in Theology||LM 3726 Essentials of Management|
|BSA 3719 Advanced Hermeneutics||LM 3731 Christian Ethics|
|BNT 3008 Synoptic Gospels||LM 3736 Financial Concepts|
|BNT 3050 Use of OT in the NT||LM 4701 Leadership and Ministry Senior Seminar|
|BNT 3006 Hebrews or BNT 3009 Romans|
|TH 4005 Biblical Theology|
|GENERAL EDUCATION (36 CREDITS)|| ELECTIVES (30 CREDITS)
(TRANSFERED FROM OTHER INSTITUTIONS
OR TAKEN FROM ANY AVAILABLE COURSE)
|COMMUNICATIONS (9 CREDITS)|
|ENG 1000 College Writing I|
|ENG 1001 College Writing II|
|COM 3731 Communication Concepts|
|HUMANITIES (6 CREDITS)|
|HUM 2799 Worldview: Thinking Like Jesus|
|Any Humanities Elective (3 credits)|
|SOCIAL SCIENCES (6 CREDITS)|| SUMMARY OF DEGREE REQUIREMENTS FOR
LEADERSHIP AND MINISTRY
|History Elective (3 credits)||Biblical Studies 30 Credits|
|Any Social Science Elective (3 credits)||Leadership and Ministry 24 Credits|
|SCIENCE/MATH (3 CREDITS)||General Education 36 Credits|
|Any Science or Math Elective (3 credits)||Elective 30 Credits|
|OTHER GENERAL EDUCATION ELECTIVES (12 CREDITS)||TOTAL PROGRAM 120 Credits|
To see course schedules, click here.