Rock Ridge Camp and Outfitters
2851 Camp Easton Road
Ely, MN 55731
Rock Ridge Trail Guide Description
The Rock Ridge Trail Guide position is a unique experience. It allows individuals to become proficient in primitive wilderness camping and Christian leadership. Guides will facilitate groups, of up to eight people, through Minnesota’s Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness on weeklong voyages. While on trail Guides will help groups engage in nature, grow in faith, and sharewith one another. Guides will be relating with and leading a wide range of people including Christians of varying denominations and non-Christians, as well as various age groups, ethnicities, and backgrounds. Each Trail Guide will facilitate four to five trips per season, in addition to a staff-training trip. The trip schedule will most often alternate between one week spent on trail and the next at the base camp. The off trail time is spent preparing for upcoming trips, resting, and participating in the base camp community. While an enthusiasm and interest in outdoor living is essential, it is not necessary to possess wilderness experience prior to working with Rock Ridge. Trail Guides go through an extensive training process to learn all the necessary skills.
Working at Rock Ridge also gives you the opportunity to live for an extended period of time in relative simplicity. Rock Ridge Staff will live at the base camp, located near Ely, MN, for the duration of the summer, from early June to mid August. Guides will receive room and board, as well as $135 per week. You will also have the opportunity to buy gear with our discounted pro deals.
· Completion of application, self-evaluation and references from three qualified sources.
· Completion of all training requirements
· Preparation for each trip which entails learning about group needs and goals, creation of a route and schedule, and creation of Bible studies, discussion topics, and other spiritual content.
· Navigation of groups through the BWCA on weeklong excursions.
· Facilitation of Bible studies and discussions on trail.
· Learning of all processes and procedures dealing with group safety, emergency situations, equipment maintenance, etc.
· Participation in the community that is created between the Guide Staff throughout the summer at base camp.
· Help with base camp maintenance and upkeep while off trial.
· Help with the process of bringing groups off trail and launching the next trips each weekend.
|Qualifications||• Minimum of 19 years old.
• Eagerly moving in the direction of Christian maturity and living a life worthy of being imitated.
• Christian leadership experience.
• Confident in one’s ability to lead diverse groups of people
• Adventurous spirit
• Willing to relinquish normal physical comforts and conveniences
• Ability to manage conflict
• Organizational skills
• Ability to work in a team
|How to Apply||Head to this link on the Shamineau website:
Fill out the \\\\\\\'Summer Staff Application\\\\\\\' and mail it back to the address on the application. Write in \\\\\\\'trail guide\\\\\\\' under Rock Ridge on the application. Have three \\\\\\\'Summer Staff Reference Forms\\\\\\\' sent in as well.
|Email Resume Tofirstname.lastname@example.org|
Contact Phone: 218-235-7190
Contact Email: email@example.com
|Go back to last page|